Sunday, August 21, 2011

First Week Of School~Done!

My son and I made it through our first week of school, together.  It started off really well. The middle of the week was a struggle, but we ended on a high note.  This is really going to take awhile to get use to, but I really think it is going to be a good year.  


I had to adjust our schedule already.  We were starting with Math, but decided that we would move that to the end of the day and start off with Language instead.  I'm sure that this will not be the first change that we make, but it wa the first.  


I have decided that I need to get a large whiteboard.  It will make "teaching" a little easier and I hope more efficient.  It seems to be the only teaching tool we are missing at the moment.  


School is taking about 4-5 hours each day.  My son and I really like that.  We don't have to worry about others getting the concepts or lessons.  He did find out the hard way, that he is the only student, so "I don't know" really isn't a good answer.  There are no other students to call on.  Lol


I'm hoping our second week is going to go much smoother.  I'm getting into the groove and by Week Three, we will be pros at this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment