Sunday, August 14, 2011

Starting The Fifth Grade

Summer break is over and my baby is starting the Fifth Grade tomorrow.  I told him this evening that we both are starting the fifth grade tomorrow.  This year is going to be interesting, but I'm up for the challenge.


Both my son and I are nervous, but excited.  Our first week should be easy.  We have orientation and then he has assessment tests that he needs to take.  Those will let us know what his strengths and weaknesses are.  


My main goal through this new schooling is to make sure that my son knows we are in this together.  Hence, the "we" are starting fifth grade.  I want to be the best learning coach for him.  I want him to excel and love school again.  I miss that boy, who loved going to school.  


When we get a few weeks into the school year, I will give you my thoughts on this type of schooling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment