Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Here I Am. This Seems Familiar.

So, I find myself in this situation, time and time again.  Starting from scratch, trying new things, retrying old things.  This is such a familiar song and dance that I like to play. I'm just trying to get things right, but I always seem to stumble and fall, many times taking a huge trip and comically falling down the hill, with arms flailing and girlish screams.   


This is my life, small steps forward and huge bounds backwards, but always dusting myself off and trying again.  In the last few years, I have found myself slowing moving backwards and not quite forgetting, but more like not caring about where I end up.  I have decided, that although, the past few years have been, at some points, fun but a very foolish way, for someone my age to continue to run her family.  


So, it brings me, once again to this point in my life where, as I have stated before I have been many times, starting over.  Maybe by writing down and sharing my journey, I won't have to relive it again.  Maybe I will, who knows?  


Next month, I am going to conduct some "experiments".  I like to call them experiments, because if they don't work, it really isn't a failure, just a learning experience, or a don't do that again.  I will be revisiting some projects that I know have worked in the past, but for some reason I have stopped doing and trying some new things.  


Some of these will be saving money, menu planning, household projects, decorating, budgeting, couponing (yes, such a heated subject right now, but I promise, I have been doing this for years.  I am not a "jump on the bandwagon" couponer.), family scheduling, recipes and tips and tricks.  I will also throw in some random thoughts, bitches and gripes, only because that's the kind of gal I am.


There you have it.  Me, on an endless journey, just trying to make it, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment