Monday, June 20, 2011

Mascara Ads

I hate mascara ads.  The ridiculously long, full lashes that you see on the models in the TV and magazine ads.  Really? Even with my favorite mascara, my lashes never look like that.  Yesterday, I was looking through a magazine and came across an ad that you could plainly see that the model was wearing false eyelashes. Then in the same magazine a few pages back there was an ad for a different mascara that stated the model WAS wearing false eyelashes.  


This irritates me.  I want to see what the mascara really does. A before and not enhanced after picture would be great.  Who do these advertisers think they are fooling?   I don't expect to suddenly have these amazingly long lashes or that the mascara is going to grow more lashes with a wand.  It's mascara not a magic potion.  


With that said, I would just like to see a little more truth in their advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment