Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Current Obsessions

I'm trying to get in the habit of blogging regularly again, so I am writing small entries to make it an easier transition.


I'm always changing my current obsessions (favorites).  It all depends on my mood, the season, the day, whatever.  I change my mind all the time.  I AM a woman after all. So in no particular order, here is my current list. 


1.  Nail Strips~~I freaking love them.  I have the Sally Hansen ones, which I love.  They are the best!  I have acrylic nails, so I have only used them on my toes, but they have lasted up to 6 weeks.  Probably longer, but after 6 weeks, I needed a change.  I recently tried ones that I bought at Rue 21.  I used those on my acrylic nails as tips.  After a couple of days they have already started to peel up, but I'm not sure if it's because of the acrylic or if it's the strips.  I have bought but not used Broadway and won a pair from Nail Rock. I'll let you know how those turn out. 


2.  Miss Adoro #307 Eyelashes~~I don't usually like to wear false eyelashes because they feel heavy on the eyes.  These are different.  They are 100% human hair and the #307's are half lashes and they flair out at the end. They are great.  I think they look natural on and really make my eyes look amazing.  I bought these at my local discount store and went to the Miss Adoro website to buy more, but they don't sell them.  I did find them, thank goodness. (Click on the Miss Adoro #307 link to get them.)  


3.  Tank tops~~It's getting warmer and here in SoCal, it's pretty much warm all year round, but in the Summer, it is freaking hot.  I don't think I have ever owned as many tank tops as I do right now.  I'm always on the hunt for cute ones that I can wear out.  As I have gotten older, I find that my tolerance to the heat is fading.  It gets to just about 90 degrees and I am dying.  I don't remember being like this when I was younger.  So tank tops and shorts are my usual attire.


4.  Owls~~Anything with an owl on it, I love.  I have rings, necklaces and just bought a cute owl wallet and they have mustaches on.  


5.  Hello Kitty~~Another crazy obsession. My sister and I are always on the hunt for anything Hello Kitty.  And now Vans has Hello Kitty shoes and Build A Bear has a Hello Kitty you can make.  OMG super cute!


6.  Necklaces~~This has been an obsession that I have always had.  I'm always changing my necklaces. A few months ago, I bought a mustache one from Little Miss Mama.  I bought a couple owl necklaces and right now I'm wearing one that says "Bite Me".  That one has a matching ring.  I'm currently dabbling in making my own necklaces too. 


7.  Franklin and Bash~~I love this show.  This show is fun and so entertaining.  Watching Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer together on screen is great.  They, as well as the rest of the cast have such a wonderful chemistry that makes this show so enjoyable to watch.  It also doesn't hurt to imagine that Peter Bash (Gosselaar) is just Zack Morris all grown up.  


8.  Get Glue~~This is another one of those "check in" apps (also on the web), but you check into shows, movies, books, topics, food, celebrities and more.  You can earn stickers, that after every 20 you earn, you can request real stickers to be sent to you.  And also earn Guru status for your favorite...whatever.  It is a lot of fun, and I find myself checking into everything.  Even sleep. Lol


9.  Recipes~~I am so tired of the same old thing.  I'm collecting recipes and trying to get them all organized.  I work on this every night.  And I find so many, I don't think I could ever make all of them.  


10.  Finding activities for my family to do~~I'm always looking for free, cheap or just fun activities for my family to do.  My husband works Mon-Fri, so the weekends are family time.  I try to find at least one activity every weekend for us to do together.  


11.  I almost forgot~Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Chiller~~I'm a HUGE Buffy/Whedon fan, so when I found out that ChillerTV airs Buffy every weeknight  and 6 episodes on Sundays, I was on it.  So every night, well more like early morning (1am) I'm in my comfy bed watching reruns of Buffy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment